Solar Breeze NX Automatic-Skimmer
Hand skimming a pool can be hard work. You have to go around the entire pool holding a long hand skimmer and manually remove large debris from the surface of the water. It is time-consuming and laborious. More so if you have a lot of trees surrounding the pool.
The Solar Breeze NX Automatic Skimmer does all the hard work for you so you don’t have to get stressed over this chore every time you use the pool.
With the Solar automatic skimmer you don’t even have to worry about the energy consumption, utility bills or annoying cables. It is powered 100% by solar energy, however, you pay quite a high initial purchase price, so that is something to think about.
Features At A Glance
- Can be used on pools of any shape or size
- 100% solar powered – equipped with two photovoltaic solar panels
- Cleans only the surface of the pool – not floors or walls
- Includes a chlorine dispenserthat sanitizing the pool as it cleans
- Has 1 polycarbonate paddle wheel at the rear for propulsion and one at the front for scooping up floating debris
- Removes floating debris of all sizes, from large twigs to smaller leaves, dust, pollen and suntan oils
- High strength polyester filter mesh
The Solar Breeze NX Automatic Skimmer is equipped with solar panels that collect energy from the sun and charge the onboard batteries that drive the device. You can just leave it in the pool and it will keep cleaning the pool continuously all day and well into the night.
The unit is driven around the pool with the help of a paddle drive that is attached to the rear of the unit. As the unit moves around the pool, the paddle drive attached to the front scoops up the leaves and other dirt particles floating on water surface and places whatever it collects into a debris collection tray. Meanwhile, the inbuilt chlorine dispenser keeps distributing chlorine steadily throughout the pool, cleaning and purifying the water simultaneously.
A smart onboard computer overlooks the navigation and ensures that the unit cleans every inch of the pool surface. It also helps the skimmer get out from corners that it has gotten stuck into by triggering an automatic reverse function.
The one thing this device does not do is pick up the debris from the floor of the pool. Floating particles that remain on the surface too long tend to get water-logged and sink to the bottom of the pool. The NX does not remove this debris.
100% Solar powered
This is the feature most users love most about the Solar Breeze NX Automatic Skimmer. Using a solar powered device means you do not have to worry about having a power outlet nearby nor do you have to worry about long power cords getting in your way. Best of all, you do not have to worry about excessive energy consumption or escalating utility bills. That’s good for the environment and good for your wallet too.
No Need To Monitor The Operation
Once you place the device in the pool, it goes about doing its work efficiently without the need of any external help. You do not have to stand around to ensure that it cleans the entire pool or to help it if it gets stuck in a corner. The smart processor takes care of all that.
Purifies As It Cleans
The built in chemical dispenser is a cool little add on feature that boosts the functionality of the unit. In addition to cleaning the pool of the visible debris, the Solar Breeze also distributes pool chemicals that purify the water and so it is safe for swimming. The two advantages of using this unit instead of using any other type of dedicated dispenser are that it dispenses the chemicals evenly across the pool and it does so without consuming any electricity.
- Does what it is designed to do efficiently and silently
- Works entirely using solar power
- Light-weight and easy to use
- Outstanding surface cleaning
- Eco friendly
- Suitable for pools of any shape and size
- No power outlets or power cords to deal with
- Built-in chemical dispenser allows it to purify as it cleans
- Saves a whole lot of time on hand skimming
- Saves money on utility bills
- Intelligent processor helps get unstuck from corners
- You have to be extra careful when removing the unit from the pool as the debris tends to fall out and back into the water
- Does not clean the pool floor or walls
- It is a lot of money for a device that just cleans debris from the surface of the water and does not clean the floor and walls
- For a similar price you could buy a robotic pool cleaner that will actually clean your pool floor and walls
What Others Are Saying
Most users are happy with their purchase and have commented on how they love being able to use the pool without first having to spent time laboring over the cleanup. The unit seems to work well and make life easier for those who use the pool often during summer, especially on those days when the sun is shining brightly. The ‘launch-it-and-forget-it’ feature has made this a popular device with pool owners.
However, many users have found that its efficiency does seem to get affected on cloudier days. Some users have noticed that their unit goes into reverse too often, sometimes even when it is not stuck anywhere.
Is The Solar Breeze NX For You?
If you and your family and friends use the pool often during the summer season, you will find that the Solar Breeze NX Automatic Skimmer can be very handy, especially if you have a lot of trees and plants surrounding the pool. With this device running continuously, your pool will always be ready to use. You don’t have to first rush out and spend a whole lot of time cleaning off surface debris before anybody gets into the pool.
The fact that you also do not have to worry about plug points, unwieldy cables or electric consumption are all huge plus points. However, bear in mind this device will not clean the floor and walls of your pool, so you may also need to invest in a conventional robotic pool cleaner. If price is your limiting factor and you have to choose between the two, a robotic pool cleaner may be a better investment for you.